How False Ceilings Can Make Your Home Look Truly Beautiful
Ceilings are sometimes the most neglected part of a construction, but there are ways in which these could add beauty to a room. One of the modern-day interior trends is the false ceiling. This interior trend has gained traction among homeowners and buyers in India.
A look at what a false ceiling is and what are its advantages and disadvantages.
What are false ceilings?
False ceilings are a type of an artificial ceiling created as a lowered extension of the existing ceiling. Also known as dropped ceiling, T-bar ceiling, suspended ceiling or grid ceiling, this type was first used only in commercial constructions. The gap between the actual ceiling and false ceiling was used to install lighting and air-conditioning vents. But with time and design development, this type of ceiling has now become a part of households, too. Commonly used in newly constructed homes, false ceilings are a way of adding sophistication to the indoors.
While in the commercial form this type completely blocked the actual ceiling of the building using gypsum board or steel panels, in households, a more designer form was made using Plaster of Paris (POP).
Designed in different shapes and height, the artistic look of false ceiling adds to the décor of a home.
Why you should install
- If you have high ceilings at home, these could add to the décor and let you play with lighting. These ceilings allow you to add depth to the room by showcasing the gap between high and the lowered ceiling.
- It conceals the wiring used in lighting installed in the ceiling.
- To add to the beauty, you could also get some interesting carvings on the higher ceiling using Plaster of Paris or POP.
- It also has sound absorption capability and makes your room cozy and quiet.
- It is good at absorbing heat, too.
A word of caution
- If not maintained well, the false ceiling can be home to pests and spider webs.
- If the actual ceiling in your home is not too high, adding false ceiling could make your room look smaller and claustrophobic.
- A hanging structure, the false ceiling is not as solid as the actual ceiling. Thus, in case of any calamity or installing of any heavy lighting or other fixtures could cause a damage.
Where to get these Ceilings
- Gypusm Interiors
- Knauf Drywall Kenya